The Swiss community's contribution to social solidarity in Portugal
On May 29, 2020, the Swiss community in Portugal, represented by our Ambassador Dr. André Regli and by Mr. Vincent Ruesch from the “Société Suisse de Bienfaisance de Lisbonne”, handed over a check of € 15,600.00 to the Association CASA, an association that campaigns very strongly against the current food emergency.
CCISP was an active part of this social action, namely by collaborating with its member Nestlé, which supplied an important part of the products that constituted the food baskets of CASA in June.
The amount collected during the month of May contained many donations from Swiss citizens living in Portugal, thus contributing actively to the society in which they live.
Here are some impressions of this action on different media channels:
- Youtube: https://youtu.be/dNd4XuB2Uw4
- Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10165380520835354&id=374858770353
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CAzjcKrHEWo/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6672418671010304000
Many thanks to everybody!
PS: Other meritorious social solidarity actions in Portugal:
- Student Keep, https://studentkeep.org/: IT-equipment for everybody
- #tech4COVID19, https://tech4covid19.org/: The tech community fights covid-19
- EPIS, https://www.epis.pt/homepage : Companies support social inclusion with different measures
Recognition of public utility of the CCISP by the Portuguese State
We are very pleased and proud to announce that on February 03/2020, the Portuguese State has officially recognized the CCISP as an association of public interest.
Check the official publication in the “Diario da República” (in Portuguese).
This recognition also means that the CCISP is the only officially recognized Chamber of Commerce between Portugal and Switzerland. The recognition is only awarded after an exhaustive audit to check, and ensure total compliance with the rules of governance and transparency.